Food Safety Level 3 Online Certification
This interactive Supervising Food Safety Level 3 online course is suitable for anyone who is involved in the management, supervision and training of food handlers within a food service, food production, catering and retail environment.
This course provides up to date, sound knowledge of the latest food safety principles, as well as outline the supervisory duties within a food production setting.
Food Safety and Hygiene Level 3 Course Details
- The Food Safety and Hygiene Level 3 course takes 4-5 hours to complete
- The course can be completed in one sitting or over multiple login sessions
- Instant certification — no waiting for the certificate to arrive by post
- E-learning format with online and offline programme options
- Loaded with interactive exercises and engaging video, audio, graphics and animations
- The course is flexible, allowing users to log in and out as many times as necessary to complete it
- Suitable for individual use or for training an entire team, using ‘Team Trainer’
Who Should Take the Food Safety and Hygiene Level 3 Course?
- This course is suitable for anyone managing or supervising food handlers in a food environment.
- This course is suitable for people taking on a more responsible role for food safety within a food production or retail business:
- Food production factories and food packaging plants, hotels, restaurants, bars, butchers, fish and chip shops, hospitals, schools, hostels, holiday camps, B&B’s, cruise ships and fast food takeaways.
What You’ll Learn from the Food Safety and Hygiene Level 3 Course
- Have a clearer understanding of their role as a supervisor of food handlers when it comes to ensuring food safety and hygiene standards and procedures
- Be able to define the three main food safety hazards, hygiene risks and how to control or eliminate them
- Understand the different pathogens and spoilage micro-organisms and the methods used to destroy or control them
- Be able to prevent food-borne illness and understand the impact of this from a business and a legal perspective
- Learn how to develop and maintain an effective food safety management and HACCP system
- Understand the different methods used to preserve food safely and hygienically
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean and free of pests
- Know how to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage controls
- Learn how to ensure that staff follow and maintain a good standard of personal hygiene
- Understand the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice within a catering, manufacturing or retail environment
The course content includes the following learning modules:
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Microbiology and Food Spoilage
- Food Poisoning and Foodborne Illness
- Food Preservation
- Food Safety Management and HACCP
- Personal Hygiene
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Premises and Equipment
- Pests and Pest Control
- Your Role as a Supervisor
- Food Law